Sail & Canvas Repair Technician, Sewing Machine Operator
Part Time and Flexible Hours. Retirees Welcome
- Immediate need in our Alexandria, Virginia Loft. Typical duties include sail and canvas inspection, sail and marine canvas repair, fabrication of new marine canvas products.
- Our loft offers several services which include sail and canvas inspection and repair and fabrication of sails and marine canvas products. We use several commercial type sewing machines and if you know how to sew, we want to hear from you!
- Assist in sail and canvas inspection services and estimation of level of effort to effect repairs.
- Performing the sail and canvas service work, which includes among other activities sail & canvas repair, new canvas fabrication (sail covers, etc.), installation and removal of sail and canvas, occasional sail & canvas pickup and drop-off. We use several types of commercial sewing machines for these services.
- One+ year minimum prior canvas and/or sail repair sewing experience required using commercial grade or Sailrite® sewing machines. Upholstery fabrication/repair experience acceptable also.
- Able to handle and sew materials such as canvas, dacron, nylon, vinyl, soft acrylics
- Sailing Experience (optional)
- Aptitude and desire to provide excellent quality service.
- Ability to execute clearly described work orders and follow through on commitments
- Reliability and strong work ethic are essential.
Skill Sets Required
- Sewing Machine Operation – Prefer commercial and/or or Sailrite® machine type
- Strong prioritization and organizational
- Technical problem-solving
- Solid verbal and written communication
- Professional Inter-Personal and Customer relationship skills
- Retirees with experience are fine
- Flexible work hours fine
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Most work occurs between September and May, so summer time-off blocks ok.
- Pay: Depends on Experience
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE